Our company develops innovative brand platforms for marketing and communications. We work as artists, designers and curators in partnership with non-profits, businesses and communities.
We are seeking a Senior Strategist with 8+ years experience to lead development of creative marketing and brand communication strategies. The role requires the ability to think and manage at a highly conceptual level, while overseeing the details of strategic planning and development for client projects. The Senior Strategist is critical to driving growth and innovation for our clients.
We want you to love what you’re doing, so a passion for technology, music, film, design, art, fashion, and social activism is a must.
- Create, define and oversee creative process and idea generation; structure and catalyze brainstorming and development
- Work in collaboration with Account Leads to interpret client needs and refine briefs
- Prepare internal briefing material to provide context and strategic insight for project teams. Source references from the worlds of music, film, design, and art
- Lead strategy sessions and presentations with clients and partners.
- Define the strategic vision and goals; be able to define the “what, where, when, why and how” of a proposed project before budgets are committed
- Develop metrics for marketing initiatives, define reporting strategies, implement tools for measurement and reporting.
- Develop overarching research strategies and lead execution and analysis
- Direct internal and external creative teams; work with designers, artists and producers on the creative product and brand development process
- Provide strategic direction and oversee outreach to partners, collaborators and communities
- Scale thinking to different parameters (budget, timelines, diverse venues)
- Respond to client feedback and steward the creative integrity of projects from development through to activation
- Collaborate with Account teams to lead project retrospectives, client summit meetings and debrief internal team
- Manage Strategy team and lead weekly meetings
- Lead updates to project teams and clients around industry trends and best practices
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 8+ years professional marketing or agency experience required
- Demonstrated experience of leading a team and working directly with clients
- Intimate familiarity with experimental approaches in marketing and brand communications; a passion to innovate in the field
- A fluency in content production and social/digital platforms
- Excellent long and short form writing skills
- Well versed in emerging creative digital content technologies, platforms and best practices
- An understanding of visual communication and the design process
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills; precise, tactful, and articulate
- Excellent time management skills, demonstrated ability to organize, set and implement priorities
- CV, cover letter including salary requirements and work samples should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Line: Senior Strategist – NY