The Managing Director role is equal parts strategist and leader, with the ability to steer the team and implement our mission WHILE delivering great work to our clients. You will build and support the team in New York while acting as a mentor to our hard working and talented staff who will look to you to help them navigate their projects and careers.
Community and culture is what we do, so a passion for music, art, design, fashion, technology, and social activism is important. With offices in Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco, our days are fast-paced and exciting, but the vibe is comfortable and collaborative. We take care of our people with great benefits and endless opportunities for growth. Leadership prioritizes simplicity, transparency, and humanity.
- Leads cross-functional project teams against all client engagements; Creative, Strategy and Production to ensure great work is delivered
- Ultimately responsible for oversight and managing the profitability of each client engagement
- Maintain constant communication with client contacts enabling an ever-present pulse on health of the engagement.
- Ensure team is aligned and resourced appropriately across all projects
- Oversee Executive Producers in developing budgets and proposals for new projects
- Assist teams in leading and facilitating key meetings and presentations to clients
- Work with Senior Managing Director and CXO to develop the policies, practices and procedures that govern the company’s routine operations to ensure a more efficient workflow and better experience for clients
- Cultivate a collaborative and inclusive working environment
- Lead by example by using online project management software, collaboration tools, calendars, file-sharing, time tracking, and company expense tracking
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities within existing clients, lead the team to execute
- Support CCO and Head of Strategic Initiatives in developing opportunities with new clients
- Lead proposal and strategic development process from beginning to end: relationship building, document preparation, pitching and negotiation
- Identify resource requests and present to Sr. Leadership
- Responsible for identifying talent, managing the growth of a team, and maintaining network of freelancers to plug and play when appropriate
- Lead Mid and End of year review process and employee growth plans
- Reports to the Chief Experience Officer (SF based)
- Manages Creative Director/s and Executive Producer/s
- Leads cross-functional project teams
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years experience working with clients in a service industry / marketing / advertising
- Proven success as a long term manager and a team-builder
- Desire to build a creative and productive work environment for a large team
- Excellent communicator with the ability to simplify complicated problems
- Experience collaborating with clients of varying sizes and scopes across mediums; content, retail, design, social, digital, experiential etc.
- Exceptionally organized with the ability to manage many projects at once
- Experience creating and managing internal operating or large scale production budgets
- Comfortable with technology, excited by new tools for communication and collaboration
- Enthusiastic about contemporary culture: media, music, art, social activism
- Excellent writing, document preparation and presentation skills
- CV, cover letter including salary requirements and work samples should be submitted through Google Hire via https://goo.gl/jtepyZ