Our company develops innovative brand platforms for marketing and communications. We work as artists, designers and curators in partnership with nonprofits, businesses and communities.
We are seeking a Designer who will support projects and accounts, from initial strategic concept to scalable creative solution and execution. You are a creative problem-solver with a total command of visual design and presentation layout. Ideal candidate has 3+ years experience working as a Designer within a fast-paced branding or marketing environment.
We want you to love what you’re doing, so a passion for technology, music, film, design, art, fashion, or social activism is a must.
- Collaborate with Account teams, Producers, and Strategists to lead visual design and creative experiential thinking across a variety of projects
- Take direction from Design Director in research, ideation and development of original, scalable concepts and experiences
- Research and prepare documents to communicate ideas to clients, including proposals, presentations and reports
- Work dynamically with Project Managers and Producers to identify design needs, inform timelines and adjust resourcing
- Support creative producers in understanding opportunities and limitations in print and build techniques and materials
- Prompt and maintain in-house digital and physical design archive
- Prepare design files for print and online delivery, ensuring all deliverables are on time and carefully exported to output specifications
- Initiate, plan, and execute awesome, collaborative internal projects and events
- Hire, onboard and manage interns and freelance design staff
- Train new employees from other disciplines in company design protocol and process
- Support in business development, creative concepting process and strategy brainstorms
- Source references and identify trends from the worlds of design, art, film and music
- Research, recommend and support in outreach to creative partners and collaborators
- Responsible for enforcing the integrity of the design process and fostering a positive relationship with the creative community
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience in autonomous creative role (at least 2+ years in an agency environment)
- Excellent writing skills and strong design background; understanding of typography, layout, form and color; versed in design process and production methods
- Comprehensive knowledge of emerging creative technologies, best practices and experimental approaches in design, marketing and brand communications
- Ability to scale ideas to budget, brand needs, timelines, environments, etc.
- CV, cover letter including salary requirements and work samples should be submitted to email@example.com
- Subject Line: Designer – NY