Our company develops innovative brand platforms for marketing and communications. We work as artists, designers and curators in partnership with non-profits, businesses and communities.
The Creative Strategist will develop and implement creative marketing solutions and brand communication strategies, producing original, scalable ideas and experiences based on solid strategic thinking. Must be equally comfortable deploying creative concepts in various brand contexts (digital, experiential, print) for a wide range of programs (events, retail, trade, and fine art).
We want you to love what you’re doing, so a passion for technology, music, film, design, art, fashion, or social activism is a must.
- Work in collaboration with Account Leads to interpret client needs and develop creative concepts
- Create, define and oversee creative process and idea generation; structure and catalyze brainstorming and development
- Define the strategic vision and goals; be able to define the “what, where, when, why and how” of a proposed project before budgets are committed
- Prepare documents to communicate ideas to clients including proposals, presentations and reports; capable of sourcing references from the worlds of music, film, design, and art
- Participate in presentations and strategy sessions with clients and partners
- Direct internal and external creative teams; work with designers, artists and producers on the creative product and brand development process
- Respond to client feedback and steward the creative integrity of projects from development through to activation
- Scale thinking to different parameters (budget, timelines, diverse venues)
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years professional marketing or agency experience required
- Familiarity with experimental approaches in marketing and brand communications; a passion to innovate in the field
- A fluency in digital content production and platforms; you understand how these are derived from and applied in an experiential context
- Versed in emerging creative digital content technologies, platforms and best practices
- An ability to identify key partners, recognize when to bring them on, and communicate with them fluently
- An understanding of visual communication and the design process; you get how to translate your ideas into design
- Excellent long and short form writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills; precise, tactful, and articulate
- Excellent time management skills, demonstrated ability to organize, set and implement priorities while balancing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
To apply send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: SF – Creative Strategist